SERVICES THAT WE PROVIDE!
SETTING UP TOY LIBRARIES
We accept requests from schools, corporate companies and communities who would like to set up a Toy Library at their premises. Currently, we have 3 Toy Libraries set up which are at Idaman Apartment, Naluri Hospital and UMMC, Paediatric Department.
We are collaborating with KakiRepair to repair broken and malfunctioning toys. Kindly request for a form to describe the condition of the toys to be donated. Then, you may bring the toys to our drop-off locations. Let’s bring a smile to our children again!
Event organizers may also approach us to arrange for collaborations. We can setup a booth where we sell toys, accept toy donations, and more. If you’d like, we can also prepare games and activities for the participants of the event.
Send your pre-loved items our way! Donated items will go to the toy libraries that we are supporting or channeled to the underserved and underprivileged children in rural/urban poor areas and orphanages. Newer items may also be sold at our booths in events where the proceeds will go towards supporting our work. We accept the following:
– toys which are still functioning and with complete parts (soft toys are to be cleaned and wrapped)
– learning materials such as books, puzzles, board games
– stationery, arts and crafts materials
– children’s apparel (e.g. clothes, shoes, socks, hats)
GAMES & ACTIVITIES
At Toy Libraries, children are treated to a variety of games and activities. These include indoor and outdoor activities such as board games, gardening and sand play. Through this, we aim to improve the child’s cognitive skills, motor skills and socioemotional development.
Training topics available at Toy Libraries Malaysia:
1. Autism awareness and how to deal with them
2. Behaviour Management
3. Classroom Management
4. Differentiated Instructions
5. Inclusive Education
6. About Learning Difficulties
7. Violence-free Early Childhood
8. Safety at Home and at School
9. Speech and Communication
10. Why Play is Important to Learning
11. Play to Learn
12. Thematic Teaching
13. Makaton Signs Training
14. Parenting Education
15. Using Music and Movement in Teaching Languages